Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LTs, Mufflers, and turn-downs

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 01:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LTs, Mufflers, and turn-downs

I know somewhere there was an admin who had this setup (might've been with 12 inch extensions come to think of it), but I've searched for him and any more information on the setup on anyone and I can't find it.

Basically, I'm poor/cheap, want LTs, and want to lose some weight. Therefore, LTs into mufflers into turn-downs. Anyone have any pics of a similar setup on their car, or any sound clips? Don't care what kind of muffler, though I'm looking at spiral flows.

Not really looking to throw an X pipe in there unless it'll gain me power, rasp and noise aren't an issue to me. Which I guess brings up a question for discussion -- will an X pipe help scavenge and make more HP? I thought so, but then I also see plenty of race cars running straight LTs, so if it does, why don't they run an X setup?
Old 12-17-2008, 07:07 PM
8 Second Club

why not look for a Texas Speed True Dual setup its cheap and its a direct bolt on
Old 12-17-2008, 09:12 PM
11 Second Club

i have the same setup you are wanting...my engine gave out the day after they were installed...so no vid....we used 2.5" pipe off the headers ran it back to the twister mufflers and dumped them...ive had 4 different setups on the car and this was my favorite.not as loud as you would think my car was 11.5 cr h/c car and this setup was fairly tame...
Old 12-17-2008, 09:14 PM
Staging Lane

A friend of mine runs morso spiral flows right off the headers and god is it loud but sounds oh so good and there $50 each. You could always just buy a set of flowtech purple hornies from summitracing that have the muffler and the turndown all in one which you can get for about $100 for a pair shipped to your door.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:02 PM
On The Tree

Anyone know how much weight you lost without the catback?
Old 12-19-2008, 01:19 PM
12 Second Club

When I put my QTP's on I bolted my spiral flows to the collector with a band clamp and then ran 12 inches of piping with a turn down after that. I only ran it for 2 weeks because I had my x pipe put on then. But it sounded absolutly incredible but it was very very loud. My ears would ring and you couldnt have a conversation with anyone in there. Im not a P***Y when it comes to noise either but my set up now is loud as well but not like that. I am actually thinking of running it like that again but I dont wanna loose any power. It did feel more torquey befor the x pipe but the top end wasnt there at all. When I put the x on mid and top end picked up. I never dynod it befor the x im just going by seat of the pants. Maybe if it was tuned it would have been different though. Good luck and great choice on the spiral flows.