Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AIR/PCV problem! HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 01:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AIR/PCV problem! HELP!!!

soo i was removing my AIR system today and found out i have a huge valve n a buncha bullshit to go thru....anyways i was following a hose that runs to the back of my intake and towards my throttle body/ im guessing thats the PCV valve....it was cut in half behind my intake!!!!! so i was wondering what the hell the affects of that were or whats the outcome....idk any info?

sry for all the bullshit typing i didnt know how to explain it

i have a 2002 Z28
Old 12-18-2008, 03:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

vacuum leak in the pcv system.. might not have effected too much.. as long as the PCV valve was in place to regulate the Throttle body's sucking.. (?). On the other hand, you were not getting any neg pressure/Vacuum in the crank case, which is what the PCV system will assist in. with Pos crank case pressure, where you getting oil being pushed out ?

How was it running ?
Old 12-19-2008, 03:22 AM
Teching In

eh,...well it runs fine, i just hear some weird popping sound everynow n then comming from the exhaust...i havent seen any Write ups for AIR removals or tips for taking them off an O2.

I just couldnt belive when i went feeling around i found the hose cut off behind my intake manifold......the hose goes from 2 lines to 1 and thats were its sepperated

The car feels fine i guess im just a "hypocondriac"

off subject but any tips for an LS1 at 89,xxx miles for it to keep running strong besides oil changes?
Old 12-19-2008, 09:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

I have had good luck with using Seafoam on a few engines (in the oil and Intake). It will removed a lot of the carbon from the intake port, valve and the top of the piston. Search on Seaform for others that have posted results. It is an oil based product and will not harm any injectors (Multitec's also).
Old 12-19-2008, 12:29 PM
Launching!

OP I had the same thing happen to me. Was cut in half right where yours is. I had oil leaking out, not a lot but enough to notice. Made it look like I had a slow oil leak. Go to auto part store and buy the hose to fix it. GM will bend you over on the system. You can reuse the metal pieces and just replace all the hose.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by blubox
OP I had the same thing happen to me. Was cut in half right where yours is. I had oil leaking out, not a lot but enough to notice. Made it look like I had a slow oil leak. Go to auto part store and buy the hose to fix it. GM will bend you over on the system. You can reuse the metal pieces and just replace all the hose.
...damn no ****,....wow thanks man! i just realized where all my oil is leaking from....

thanks for all the help guys!

also with the seafoam would i have to change the oil/drain it after i put it in the car?

Last edited by First Spray777; 12-19-2008 at 02:25 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

The directions tell you to drive with it in the oil for some.. most will leave it in for a 100 - 200 mile, some will say less.. but when you do drain it, it will come out pitch black from all of the carbon that it has lifted off of the inside of the engine.

As I stated before.. the PCV system will add neg pressure inside the engine. If it is not there.. the engine will start creating positive pressure from the heat and blow by of the rings and then start pushing air and oil out of any opening in the engine, in your case the broken PCV hose and in some cause your crank seal.