Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Typhoon install questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 05:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Typhoon install questions

Got a good deal from Professional Products they let me buy wholesale there satin 85mm typhoon intake with rails and everything and polished 85mm throttle body all for only 400 shipped now heres the questions...... on the generation one roll out of these it had been known for certain install questions and problems to arise????? this over a stock intake should make some power main reason for buy was to protect myself from plastic shrapnel in case nitrous pressure "farts" back into the intake stock intake and throttle body is 78mm correct??? so it will flow more air... anyone have rough guess on power increases seen on stock motor before cam and heads
Old 02-14-2009, 03:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i did some research on these intakes before i bought them and i saw someone with a gto make about 12 rwhp with just bolting it on, so i decided to buy one myself and when i went to install it i had major problem with the gaskets not lining up correctly very poor casting and passable major intake leaks... luckily i knew a machinist who took the intake and fixed it for me.. just make sure before you install it to check over it very closely!