Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad Or Good?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 12:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Or Good?????

I was planning on going with a true dual setup but have been told different things. I am wondering if it is a bad thing to run headers back with no cats or mufflers of any kind and then dumping them before the axle, can this mess anything up by running this setup or will it be ok?
Also what kind of hp gains should I expect.
All opions welcome please.
Old 10-09-2003, 12:54 AM
Teching In

Default Re: Bad Or Good?????

this also would be running through an x-pipe
Old 10-09-2003, 01:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

i dont see there being much of a problem running without mufflers and cats, except everyone withing a 20 block radius will hear you backfire after ever let off of the throttle
you might as well run open headers then

if you wanna drive it around the city or wherever, your gonna want mufflers of some kind
otherwise you will eventually get tired of the negative attention from the 5-0, pissed off neighbors, etc.
Old 10-09-2003, 03:14 AM
WOT
TECH Apprentice

by running duals back and then dumping them it really isnt worth the money. only if you were planning on running through mufflers would duals help the breathing. the cheapest way is a single cutout. i personally run lt's, no cats, and dump after the y. backfires rarely happen except when motor isnt allowed to warm up before driving occasionally. there shouldnt be any probs with it but the neighbors could get upset. i personally dont like mine so i leave the cutout open.
as far as the 5.0 that is true. it will be loud and you will possibley attract attention to yourself when you get on it. idle isnt too bad tho. hope this helped a little.
Old 10-10-2003, 05:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That sounds like it would be fun for about 10 minutes. To get an idea how it would sound- disconnect the exhaust you have now- you'll be shocked at how loud (obnoxious (sp?)) it is.