Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Secret Cat Removing Techniques

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2003, 07:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Secret Cat Removing Techniques

.Hello I own a 1998 Pontiac Trans-AM.I have coustom dual exhaust.I dont have headers.all they did was cut the pipes after the cat. and add straight pipethrew and put 2 flowmaster 40 serires in back.I did cut out my cats.I live in hawaii and there is no emisson test.I want to gut my cats.But u see i purchased extended warranty.I regret purchasing it cause it hold me back on modifications. I wish i didnt do that.But i been told that cutting the cats will add power.I want it to look like i have cats by banging the inside crap all out.Have any of yall done this before.I dont have headers so the driver side cat is kinda Mounted in a turned angle.What will be the best way to Gutt the cat SECRETLY .The muffler shop guy said he could weld in straight pipe threw and just throw the cats out but he is not to sure about the driver side.Im clueless Can yall help me out.THANKS
Old 10-10-2003, 07:07 PM
11 Second Club

Default Re: Secret Cat Removing Techniques

I meant i didnt cut out the cats
Old 10-10-2003, 09:08 PM
11 Second Club

Today i was looking under my car.With the rhino ramps.I was looking at the cats AND NOTICED Bolts on them.IS it possible for me just un bolt them for racing and bolt the BACK ON?Is that a good IDEA? IS there any type of gasket? THANKS
Old 10-10-2003, 09:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

I gutted mine and didnt even use a hammer. Get about 8 3 ft piesces of welding rod put a hose clamp about 2 inchs from each end. put one end in your electric or air drill and go to town. Just like a sewer snake.
Old 10-11-2003, 10:03 AM
Launching!

You can get a refund on your warranty. Just go to the dealership and tell them you want the remainder on it canceled and refunded.