Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Dual Setup Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2003, 12:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True Dual Setup Question

I'm am purchasing a true dual exhaust system consisting of hooker LT's, 3" pipe, x pipe, and spintech mufflers. I have several knowledgeble friends with ls1's who say this is a good setup but i would like some of my ls1 tech buddies opinions. Is this a good setup for a basically stock 98 ls1? How much is this going to reduce my ground clearance and where should i expect to see power gains? If u have any knowledge of true dual setups please inform me because i am not fully educated on their functionality. I have a lid and all the free mods. Feedback needed! Thanks!
Old 10-12-2003, 06:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: True Dual Setup Question

tt
Old 10-12-2003, 07:59 PM
12 Second Club

It is a great setup to go with. Duals sound the best on an LS1, and they will shine even more as you add mods. (Cam, Heads, etc.)
Old 10-12-2003, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

that is a good set up. I have the exact same except for the mufflers, i have 12" Bullets. As far as your ground clearance it will remain the same- mine did- but i think that had alot to do with shop that installed it for me. I could immediately feel the power in my high and midrange. Check out these pics, these are pictures from the shop where i had mine installed. www.not-a-sponsor.com
Old 10-12-2003, 10:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

awesome guys appreciate the feedback. Your ground clearance stayed the same, did u have longtubes before or after the setup?
Old 10-13-2003, 10:15 AM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Most of the true dual setups I've seen resulted in less ground clearance. They usually remove the tunnel brace to make more room for the X-pipe, whereas the stock system goes over the tunnel brace. Also, there is not enough room in the driveline tunnel for two pipes, so they are forced to hang lower.