Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which SLP Airbox

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 02:14 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which SLP Airbox

I have an '02 Hawk so it is important to me to keep a SLP Lid, even though there are probably better(TSP) lids out there. My question is that sometime in the near future I want to remove the A.I.R. system. What are the differences between the pre '00 lid and the 00-02 lid?? Is it just the hole for the A.I.R. system? In which case I should get the pre '00 lid. Also, since I will not be removing my A.I.R. until the warranty runs out, or I get Headers , where can I pick up the filter for the A.I.R. hose?? TIA.

EDIT: Does anyone know if removing the A.I.R. would void parts of my warranty???
Old 10-14-2003, 04:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Which SLP Airbox

SLP didn't make a production "Batwing" lid prior to the end of the 2001 production run. So as far as I know, there isn't one produced without the hole.

My suggestion. Take the batwing off, put it in storage when you remove the AIR and get a aftermarket lid.

Most of our sponsors sell lids & the little filters.
Old 10-14-2003, 04:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ Yeah, what he said. I just don't understand why your worried about the lid but you're going to put headers on and remove the AIR.
Old 10-14-2003, 08:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To answer your question...
What are the differences between the pre '00 lid and the 00-02 lid?? Is it just the hole for the A.I.R. system?
Yep, that's the only difference. The 00-02 lid also comes with additional AIR tubing to connect to the lid, which you won't need when you cap off your AIR line with the filter.
Many of the sponsors here sell the filter.