Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KOOK'S Y-pipe issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 10:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KOOK'S Y-pipe issues

O.K. Got the headers in they were a p.i.t.a. on the drivers side. Passenger side went right in. Well I got the Y-pipe with cats in on my stock slp dual dual cat back. Which was another p.i.t.a. Well now I have two problems one, the drivers side cat knock the s*** out of the bottum of the car when you release the cluth and two, the I-pipe and Y-pipe both touch all the way down the drive shaft tunnel. Clearance does not seem to be an issue it is just tucked up so tight it touches. Anyone else have any problems and solution on how to fix. Thanks for any help.
Old 10-14-2003, 10:56 AM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: KOOK'S Y-pipe issues

This isn't good news.... I have the 1 3/4 KOOKs LTs with their 3" catted Y sitting in my living room, waiting for me to install. I haven't heard of this before, but I would assume that you could somehow adjust the Y pipe at least a little but. Is it just barely rubbing or is it much worse that that?
Old 10-14-2003, 11:26 AM
Teching In

Give us a call at (866)586-5665 and ask for Nick he will be more than happy to help you with your tech. questions.
Old 10-14-2003, 11:32 AM
Teching In

No the rub is from the front to the back of where the Y and I meet inside the tub. So that is bad. The hitting is where the cat is located below the end of the sub frame. I spoke with the guy at kook's he told me to measure the collector and see if it is 7 1/2" because the collectors come in at 8" and they cut them down and maybe mine did not get cut. That is not going to be an easy job either. I was hoping someone has run into the same issue and I could fix it with out a lot of trial and error. So if you have not put yours on measure your collecto length.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:08 AM
Teching In

jump

Quick Reply: KOOK'S Y-pipe issues