Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have Jet Hot coated Pacesetters?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have Jet Hot coated Pacesetters?

This is my first choice so if there are folks that have them I'd like to hear your comments re: ease of install, fitment, quality, catted y-pipe placement etc.
Thanks
Old 03-29-2009, 12:05 PM
Teching In

Thumbs up good bang for buck

i installed these headers if ur talkin abt the armor coatin ones im runnin em currently on my car fit great no problems i also intalled new spark plugs used anti seize on them also on bolts a tiny bit i also intalled brand new gm exhaust manifold gaskets which are greatttt multi layer type alum. gasket no leaks wat so ever bro id highly recommend em over the cheap ones tat come in package also be careful and do one by one on the o2 extension wirin take ur time if dont wanna take tat route get the corvette type longer ones o2 sensors but as for the headers id recommed em great power jump also but i used with the tsp off road y
Old 03-29-2009, 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have coated pacesetters but not sure if it's jet hot coating. They fit well and are easy to install, and the price was right. You just need to get the car high enough in the air to be able to slide them in from underneath. I have a pacesetter off road Y and it fits well, so can't say about a catted version. Alot of people here have pacesetters and the only thing I have ever heard bad about them is that sometimes the emissions tube breaks off. I have the non-emissions version so it's not an issue for me.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:01 PM
Launching!

My first headers were coated Pacesetters. They were really easy to install, but I did have to grind on the k-member a little to stop some rattling. Coating worked pretty well, but there was the first hints of rust starting to show on the collectors where the primaries went in. Used them for 3 years and then moved on to QTPs.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:06 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a set of coated Pacesetters on my old 02 Z28. After the car caught on fire and burnt to the ground, I took the headers off and I'm now running them on my CETA. They are a little dull but other than that, still hanging in there

Here is the thread on the fire, pic of the engine bay as well
https://ls1tech.com/forums/multimedi...fter-fire.html
Old 03-29-2009, 06:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the feedback..