Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Experiences with ati superdamper, tci rattler ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 12:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Experiences with ati superdamper, tci rattler ?

I was thinking to get a new harmonic damper for my car. I am mostly looking to make it a bit smoother. Since went to poly motor mounts a requirement of my aps turbo kit think have more vibration now. Mabye its just do to all the extra hp not sure also swapped to new 408 at same time. I assume the 408 was all properly balanced . It was not a local engine build.

Anyway I see ati makes a super damper. Anyone notice a difference when using it. ? Also reading on tci advertising that they say theirs is only balancer that works at all rpm but think tci only makes one for a corvette presently and pretty sure that don't work on our car. I know ati makes one for my car.

So lets here from some of you running these things and if tci does make one for our car and you have one lets hear from you.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the ati super damper, had to for the blower pully bolts. I can't say for sure if it made the engine smooter or not. I put it on with the blower and with my poly moter mounts there is more vibration in the car than there was stock. It is a very nice piece compaired to the stocker though. If you do end up with the ati take the torque's counter sunk bolts that hold the pully to the hub to a hardware store and find counter sunk allen head bolts. The first time i removed the pully from the hub I had to grind a slot in the torque's head and loosen with a punch and a hammer due to the lock tight.

Quick Reply: Experiences with ati superdamper, tci rattler ?