Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carbon Fiber valve covers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 01:59 AM
Restricted User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Carbon Fiber valve covers?

My new forged LS6 is about to be installed, my camaro is down at The Vette doctors. They already got the old motor out.

I have a set of new carbon Fiber LS1 center bolt valve covers and the LS1 coil brackets that go with them.
the Vette Doctors had a customer with a GTO that they installed a set of carbon fiber valve covers. They said they leaked oil, and you cant tighten them enough or they could break-crack.

Can you please let me know if they will leak, i realy do like them and wanted to use them on the new motor, they look awasome!

I called scoggen dicky the other day, they told me they should not leak if they are the newer versions,

does anyone have any experance with the newer or older style carbon fiber valve covers?
Please let me know
Thank you for your help
Old 04-04-2009, 05:02 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

We've had problems with them leaking as well, but I don't know if they were the old or revised ones. They caused a fire on a Corvette we built when it was on a roadcourse. It burnt the Tigershark hood (ruined the paint) and one of the MSD coils, and made a mess of things. Bob
Old 04-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just did a head and cam swap and i have the carbon fiber covers no leaks yet il post some pics up tommorow
Old 04-07-2009, 10:45 PM
Restricted User

please post , ty