Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

flowmaster question

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 09:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flowmaster question

aight I know that flowmaster's for LS1's dont flow good but what about the 1 chamber ones? do they flow good? or what about 1 inlet 1 outlet flowmaster?
Old 04-12-2009, 10:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

I dont know about flowing good but they sure do sound great and Im thinking of getting the 1 chambers when I do get true duals. "oh yes they will be mine"

I think the Flowmaster or Blowmaster as some like to call it doesnt really flow as good as others and some think that there horsepower is going to be significantly less if they choose Flowmaster. Sound is a major factor in making my choice and the 1 chambers sound badass to me.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:52 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just picked up a set(two) of one chambers for like $85 shipped. They are identical in every way to the Flowmaster brand but without the name
Old 04-12-2009, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by D_Rock
I dont know about flowing good but they sure do sound great and Im thinking of getting the 1 chambers when I do get true duals. "oh yes they will be mine"

I think the Flowmaster or Blowmaster as some like to call it doesnt really flow as good as others and some think that there horsepower is going to be significantly less if they choose Flowmaster. Sound is a major factor in making my choice and the 1 chambers sound badass to me.
yea man same here I like the sound better of the flowmaster than the one of the magnaflow.

i think im going to keep the flowmaster on the car and since i have a e-cutout well then i can just regain the hp loss if theres any of it being loss that is.

btw - very nice on the dual 1 chambers that will sound fn bad *** i might go down that route sometime down the line
Old 04-12-2009, 12:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z28/2002
I just picked up a set(two) of one chambers for like $85 shipped. They are identical in every way to the Flowmaster brand but without the name
nice are these the chinesse ones that some people talk about?

the one that I put on my car yesterday came along with my LT's amd ypipe when i bought them all a year ago but i just never bothered to put hte flowmaster that came with it since i had a magnaflow and the flowmaster was dumped but yesterday i put it on and i love the sound
Old 04-13-2009, 04:51 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To be honest I don't know if they are or not. They are sitting at the house waiting for me to get back to the states
Old 04-13-2009, 09:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

I had flowmaster on my 00 car and the sound was terrible. The exhaust guy I use told me, in his opinion flowmaster does not sound good when it is close to the end of the system.

My car sounded like a cross between a V6 and a sick V8.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have long tubes into a 3'' flowmaster d-port crossover kit that runs into 3'' single chambers dumped before the rear axle. it sounds great to me and everybody that hears it, likes it. i think flowmaster has a bad rep around here because of their 80 series that comes with the y-pipes, but i would say the single chambers flow pretty good.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dutinsss
i have long tubes into a 3'' flowmaster d-port crossover kit that runs into 3'' single chambers dumped before the rear axle. it sounds great to me and everybody that hears it, likes it. i think flowmaster has a bad rep around here because of their 80 series that comes with the y-pipes, but i would say the single chambers flow pretty good.
yea man i like the way this one sounds i believe its the delta 40 since its a single inlet single outlet.

the only thing is that i have no tips anymore lol but i dont know if I like it like that yet or not.

btw i have hooker long tubes into a custom ypipe into a flowmaster y-merge and then the flowmaster dump after the rear axle
Old 04-13-2009, 05:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 30 series Race Muffler on my 3.5" SOTL Mufflex system.
Good flow and incredibly deep rumble.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have a pair of the 1 chamber flowmaster knockoffs on my true dual LS1 car, they sound just like the real thing to me.... not to steal the thread but I found a source local that has them for 80.00 a pair..seems like a good deal. If anyone cant get them and needs some gimme a holler...
Old 04-13-2009, 06:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

The flowmaster muffler's CFM isn't that much less than most when your comparing to Magnaflow, Bassani, Borla and the like. But it's not gonna be so much less that it's going to hurt your performance. If your running over 400 hp and all you switch out is muffler's (say you switch your flowmaster for a borla) than you might see a small pick up in ponie's. But nothing that you will ever feel. So if you like the sound then buy flowmaster and don't look back.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a flowmaster on my car and the sound is great. its a deep loud sound. im going to love it even more after headers and a nice ms3 cam. the only thing im worried about is loosing tons of power after the bolt ons and cam so im putting a cut out on it so i can keep the great sound and dont loose the power when i need it
Old 04-13-2009, 07:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bdrussell
I had flowmaster on my 00 car and the sound was terrible. The exhaust guy I use told me, in his opinion flowmaster does not sound good when it is close to the end of the system.

My car sounded like a cross between a V6 and a sick V8.
For the 10 series single chamber, Flowmaster recommends 10" of pipe after the muffler for optimal sound and performance. I've got about 12" of pipe after both of mine, and it sounds better than every other setup I've had, or heard.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

The single chambers will flow fine. Flowmaster on these cars gets a bad name due to the crossflow mufflers blowing chunks

I'm not a fan of the tingy Flowmaster sound, though