Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DELPHI maf = to SLP MAF?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 08:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DELPHI maf = to SLP MAF?

i bought a "slp" maf on ebay and it arrived today but its not a "slp" maf at all its a delphi unit.. it does look the exact same minus badges...have i been douped? or is it the same and slp just puts there name on it? it is a larger diameter maf 85mm what gives? should i return it to the guy or should i keep it?
Old 04-20-2009, 08:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

SLP used the 85mm truck MAFs and just added a resistor to them to "trick" the fbody computer so recalibration was unnecessary. it is the same MAF minus the resistor. if you do not have tuning software, you can't use it until you can tune for it. If it has the resistor, then you should be fine.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

oh yeah, forgot to mention that the resistor is soldered between 2 of the grid wires if you look down the MAF. If you doint see the resistor, then you are looking at a truck MAF.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:50 PM
On The Tree

yes its solderd in two places actually the guy said he had it on his 2001 camaro, but anyways soo it should be the plug and play slp version? and it shouldnt throw any lean codes or any wierd stuff? i should be good? thanks bro i thought that they where prolly the same..