Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bbk or pacesetter

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 11:37 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default bbk or pacesetter

ok quick question which header should i go with.this is what I need one with ground clearence and good power.reason I only listed these two is I can get either header for 380$.both are longtubes and race version.

bbk-chrome plated
pacesetter-painted black

which is all around better-good ground clearence,power,quality
Old 04-21-2009, 03:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they will both have good clearance but does the bbk came with a y pipe?
if you go with the pacesetters dont bother buying there y just get on made at a shop i have pacesetter ceramic coated header and a tsp y pipe and the y dont fit so good.

i would also get coated headers eather way i had chrome bbks on my old mustang and they would heat the hell out of the engine bay within a few minutes.

i say coated pacesetters and a custom y pipe.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:36 PM
On The Tree

I had to make this same decision recently. I really liked the BBK headers and y-pipe package, except that the collectors and the y-pipe were only 2.5" until after the y, where it then branches to 3". I really wanted the 3" system all the way back so I got a used set of Pacesetter long tubes and a Pacesetter y from some members of this forum. If it doesn't matter if you have a 3" or a 2.5" then go with the BBKs. They really looked great.

As for the Pacesetter y-pipe not flowing well, after I install them I am going to a shop and have a Flowmaster y-merge put in.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:29 PM
TECH Addict

I have the BBK ceramic coated longtubes. I love them and im very happy. I dont think the y pipe being 2.5" is a problem or makes much of a difference. Just run the rest of the system out 3". Ground clearance is great. For the price, i dont think you can beat bbk longtubes & y pipe. Idk how the chrome ones will hold up but so far my ceramic coated are doing great.

As far as i know, the Pacesetter y pipes have a flattened section in them on the driverside. I think most ppl go with a TSP y pipe instead of the Pacesetter one.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:18 PM
On The Tree

i got pacsetter painted LT's and custom 3" y and i love the setup couldnt be happier!!!!!
Old 07-07-2009, 08:47 PM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That flowmaster merge works with TSP's Y also, correct?

Last edited by Dom; 07-07-2009 at 08:57 PM.