Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls6 PCV

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ls6 PCV

how would i go about converting my ls1 PCV system to the ls6 PCV system? i am told doing this would stop my oil consumption problem

can someone chime in here

thanks
jimmy
Old 10-29-2003, 01:37 AM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

it will definately slow oil consumption through the pcv...possibly stop it... you can still get some oil consumption because of misting....you can still have oil consumption through the valve stems leaking.....

It has fixed my oil consumption problem completely....
I had a catch can....now after 4 oil changes....I still have no oil in the catch can.....I will be removing it soon...maybe after a few more changes.

I also did the ls6 intake at the same time...

you can use a chisel opr a dremel to get the nub off the block...I chose dremel.....I also used a ton of towels...and gaffers tape...gaff tape will even stick to oily surfaces...so I couold completely block off everything and tape tight around where I had to grind....I had no internal part of the motor exposed...tape covered everything.....when done...clean...clean...clean...clean...clean...cle an...clean..clean...clean.....
did I say CLEAN...
I also did a an oil change...dumping it in from the valley to help wash down any possible loose particles....and changed the oil after only 50 miles along with the filter....
all it takes is 1 stupid particle to screw up your bearings...

I didnt do a knock sensor change...cause I didnt think I would need it...but now only a few months later...one went bad...and I had to take off the intake again to change the rear one...so I did both....bout $100 total thru any gm parts department...

its easy to do...it just takes some time to get rid of that dam nub...

and while you got the intake off...if want to paint it...do it now....and do the ls6 intake if you havent yet...

you can buy ls6 intake and pcv tube thru gm...and a few of the sponsors on this board. ------------------------>
Old 10-29-2003, 01:38 AM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

and heres the how to

http://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?article=18

also...if you are not changing the intake...you do not have to take off the fuel rails...the fuel hose will flex enough for you to move the intake out of the way...just dont forget to disconnect all the wires and the stuff hidden at the rear