Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To all with Greddy catch can...

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 04:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To all with Greddy catch can...

I got my Greddy catch can in today, and have a few questions. I was planning on mounting it on my passenger side head, but it looks like it will be backwards from other pictures I've seen. The PCV hoses will go over it and attach on the side facing the front end. Here are a few questions:

How far did you get the large pieces that the hoses attach to into the catch can? I can only muscle mine in about halfway.

Anyone know what size bolts they used to plug the holes on the side that the hoses attach to?

I think that is it for now. If anyone has any pics, I'd appreciate it if you could post them or email them to me. Thanks a lot for any help!
Old 10-29-2003, 05:32 PM
cb
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey im kinda new here so i was wonderin what a catch can is ive heard yall talk about and i wondern
thanks
Old 10-29-2003, 05:49 PM
cb
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey im kinda new here so i was wonderin what a catch can is ive heard yall talk about and i wondern
thanks
Old 10-29-2003, 06:40 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,519 Likes on 1,093 Posts

It's a catch can people use to catch oil sucked through the PCV system.

I was only able to get the main fittings in a little past half way. I don't think they are supposed to go any farther.

I don't think it matters how you mount it so long as the hoses are on the high side. I totally disassembled mine to change the ends for where I wanted to mount it. I'm still in the process of hooking it up, but when I'm done it's gonna be sitting on the ledge of the driver's side strut tower just after the fuse boxes (it will be laying flat rather than standing up). It clears the hood with about 1/16" to spare!