Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Powdercoated TB with Chrome Shaft/Springs!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 07:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Powdercoated TB with Chrome Shaft/Springs!

We are now chroming the throttle shafts & polishing the springs as a $40 option. If you don't know anything about chroming, the shaft must first be polished and then chromed. The chrome will only look as good as the initial polish. If you've done any polishing, you know how much work that is. There is a slight shadow (looks goldish) behind the side piece where the cruise control hooks up and inside where the throttle cable sits, but other than that they're gleaming!

Also we will be offering the polished stainless allen head cap bolts to finish it all off.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...97411243cpBdjT
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...97411253LmBbEA
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...97411264gakILx

jantzerperformance@hotmail.com
Old 10-30-2003, 07:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Jantzer98SS
We are now chroming the throttle shafts & polishing the springs as a $40 option. If you don't know anything about chroming, the shaft must first be polished and then chromed. The chrome will only look as good as the initial polish. If you've done any polishing, you know how much work that is. There is a slight shadow (looks goldish) behind the side piece where the cruise control hooks up and inside where the throttle cable sits, but other than that they're gleaming!

Also we will be offering the polished stainless allen head cap bolts to finish it all off.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...97411243cpBdjT
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...97411253LmBbEA
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...97411264gakILx

jantzerperformance@hotmail.com
Couple questions:
My motor is coming apart in a week or two. I was considering having my valve covers and TB polished or chromed I guess.

Do you do that? How much? How long to get them back?

Curious: Has anyone ever polished the entire visual areas of an aluminum block?

Thanks
Old 10-30-2003, 08:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Looks pretty sweet.
Old 10-30-2003, 08:07 PM
Banned

I wouldn't chrome anything aluminum. If/when the chrome starts to flake off you're kinda screwed. The acid you would use to take the chrome off would eat up the aluminum.

I can polish the Valvecovers and TB. $150 to show polish the valvecovers, $75 for the TB. As long as it's after next week, I can get them done in 2 days.

I wouldn't polish the block, I can't imagine trying to keep it all polished up. Plus it won't dissipate heat as well. If it's all show and won't be driven much, then go for it. But don't send it to me. That's a lot of work.
Old 10-30-2003, 08:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Jantzer98SS
I wouldn't chrome anything aluminum. If/when the chrome starts to flake off you're kinda screwed. The acid you would use to take the chrome off would eat up the aluminum.

I can polish the Valvecovers and TB. $150 to show polish the valvecovers, $75 for the TB. As long as it's after next week, I can get them done in 2 days.

I wouldn't polish the block, I can't imagine trying to keep it all polished up. Plus it won't dissipate heat as well. If it's all show and won't be driven much, then go for it. But don't send it to me. That's a lot of work.
I was just wondering about the block.

But I think I'll send you my TB and Valve covers to be polished. Are those prices for just a polish on the valve covers, and a polish and crome of the TB and throttle arm/spring as shown in your pictures???
Old 10-30-2003, 08:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Hey, while I'm at it. How much to polish all 4 calipers and chrome plate my caliper brackets?
Old 10-30-2003, 08:54 PM
Banned

I quoted you just for the polish. I'll let you have a powdercoated TB for $130 (the special price), $40 for the chrome shaft/spring, and the calipers will run $250. I have cores of everything if need be. Drop me an email. You might polish your MAF ends if you're going to do the valvecovers & Tb.
Old 10-31-2003, 12:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

is it $130 for the ported AND powdercoated TB?
im really interested right now
i would like the "chrome smoke", with the additional chrome goodies
and how much are the powdercoated MAF ends, NOT ported?

btw, i would ship my cores first

thanks
Old 10-31-2003, 01:56 AM
Banned

Yes it is $130 for the ported & powdercoated version. $40 additional for chrome throttle shaft & spring, $30 to powdercoat the MAF ends.
Old 10-31-2003, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Nice work as always Scott I will be hitting you up for some "polished finish" valve covers after thte Thunder Race. What is the charge if I send you the cores already with the bosses removed? They are on my car right now. Send me a PM if you'd like to.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:55 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea, Jantzer does AWESOME work, and his powdercoating is top-notch. i say he is definately one of the top out there right now with tb's, and for the price, he's top in my book~!

(i have his black powdercoated TB Ported/Polished, w/ all the goodies, it is INCREDIBLE~!)

Tim
Old 10-31-2003, 02:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Jantzer, for the high polished stuff, would using a clearcoat of the powdercoat seal in the luster, or would you have to use a polish sealer?