Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is anyone with a stock cubed motor buying or going to buy a 90mm LSX intake and why?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2003, 11:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is anyone with a stock cubed motor buying or going to buy a 90mm LSX intake and why?

Just trying to decide myself. I'm on the fence since eventually I'd like to get a superstroker and don't want to get a 78mm now only to get a 90mm in a year.......also not sure if there'd be any benefits w/ a 90mm intake/TB and of course an 87mm Silverado MAF sensor and TSP 85mm lid on a heads/cam car w/ stock cubes.

I'm just curious to hear everyone else's thoughts.
Old 11-02-2003, 12:06 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I purchased the 90 mm version myself for the same reason as your thinking of buying it. I want to build a stroker not to long from now, but don't want to have to fork over the extra dough later. I'll run the stock TB until I feel the 90mm is needed. I think the back of the stock TB will be able to be ground enough to reduce turbulence.
Old 11-03-2003, 01:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know there's more of you....come out of hibernation!

Quick Reply: Is anyone with a stock cubed motor buying or going to buy a 90mm LSX intake and why?