Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quiet with cam, headers, ORY - Corsa, Borla or Magnaflow?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 08:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Quiet with cam, headers, ORY - Corsa, Borla or Magnaflow?

I'm still looking for a catback for my car. Basically, I have a cam and headers with an ORY. It is loud as hell with just the Y-pipe right now and I need something that is quiet at idle. I think I have narrowed it down to the Corsa and the Magnaflow. In the posts that I've read about both, the owners all say that they are both quiet at idle and loud at WOT. I would like to find a used Corsa but I haven't seen one for sale for long time.
Another option I was thinking was running the Borla closed. There are alot of mixed opinions about the Borla. Some say it is the best sound period and others say it sounds horrible. I'm wondering if the people saying its horrible are hearing it with no plate and the people saying it sounds good are hearing it closed or almost closed. The borla with another qtec (I'll have three) seems to be the most convenient option. But I'm not too big on the tips of the Borla or the Magnaflow. Opinions?
Old 11-03-2003, 09:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard the Magnaflow with headers and ORY on a few cars, sounds really nice. Magnaflow system is only 300 or so on ebay.
Old 11-03-2003, 11:52 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SStolen
I'm still looking for a catback for my car. Basically, I have a cam and headers with an ORY. It is loud as hell with just the Y-pipe right now and I need something that is quiet at idle. I think I have narrowed it down to the Corsa and the Magnaflow. In the posts that I've read about both, the owners all say that they are both quiet at idle and loud at WOT. I would like to find a used Corsa but I haven't seen one for sale for long time.
Another option I was thinking was running the Borla closed. There are alot of mixed opinions about the Borla. Some say it is the best sound period and others say it sounds horrible. I'm wondering if the people saying its horrible are hearing it with no plate and the people saying it sounds good are hearing it closed or almost closed. The borla with another qtec (I'll have three) seems to be the most convenient option. But I'm not too big on the tips of the Borla or the Magnaflow. Opinions?
Corsa will be pretty loud, that is what I'm running now, and it will rasp at 3-4K RPM. I may be selling my Corsa I have the Premium tips, looks awsome. Maybe the best looking exhaust out there, but I'm not sure it's worth the money.

Quick Reply: Quiet with cam, headers, ORY - Corsa, Borla or Magnaflow?