Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flowmaster merge question

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 06:02 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flowmaster merge question

I've been thinking about getting a Flowmaster merge for my 3" Pacesetter ORY. Do yall think if I just take the merge piece to an exhaust shop, they can just cut and weld it in? Or should I also provide them with extra piping (like 90* bends) to work with? BTW, is this merge piece even worth all the effort as far as sound/performance?
Old 05-14-2009, 06:20 AM
12 Second Club

You should be able to just use a single U bend and cut that up to fab it into the Y pipe. I've never used the merge though so I can't comment on how it affects sound and performance. It sure has a good reputation though.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

If you take them the ory and merge they should be able to do it given the proper measurements. As 95Z said it's a pretty popular choice and is said to refine the sound a bit, I plan to do it eventually.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:24 AM
Launching!

Thanks for the replies. My ORY is already installed on the car, I was just wondering if they could weld up the FM merge without hacking up my ypipe too bad, or if I need to supply them with additional piping bends.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ScrapinBye
Thanks for the replies. My ORY is already installed on the car, I was just wondering if they could weld up the FM merge without hacking up my ypipe too bad, or if I need to supply them with additional piping bends.
I did just this. I bought a y-pipe and didnt like it. Later bought the merge and get a shop to install it while the ORY was already on the car. I provided no addition parts other then the merge itself. So yeah it can be done and any good exhaust shop should have everything they will need.
My exhaust note was much better after this merge, and I would recommend it to anyone. $45 for the part is DEF worth it. Its all comes down to how much you pay for the install if its worth it or not... to me it was... rasp was unbearable before this.