Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Duals, What kinda mufflers ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 12:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default True Duals, What kinda mufflers ?

I know this subject has been beated on alot here lately but i really need ya'lls opinion on this. I going to run True duals on my car over the Axle, my question is What kinda muffler i should run for Clearance and Backpressure reasons ? I don't wanna run any bullet muffler. So what's my option here ? I seen a couple of people run 1chamber flowmaster before the axle. I kinda on a budget, but if i have to save i wanna do it right the first times as this is my LAST exhaust system i'll be puting on the car. Also would a 2 1/2 True Dual be Sufficient. Also what about H and X pipes,What would give me the best Gains ?

My mods include

Pacesetter LT's(No cats)
Air Lid
Pretty much all the free mods
O yea and it's a M6

In about a Month, I'll be installing a 224TR 112lsa Cam To.
Any body have some clips with true duals on it ?

Thanks Steve-0
Old 11-05-2003, 02:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i plan on 2.5", with an X pipe

as for mufflers, either magnapacks or single chamber flows, havent decided yet
Old 11-05-2003, 09:33 PM
10 Second Club

I'f you going to use mufflers behind the axle, you could also try dynomax ultraflo mufflers. They are way quiet compared to bullet mufflers, and they also will flow far more exhaust than just about anything made by flowmaster. The prices on them are also very reasonable, I think I got 2 of them for like $120 for my car.
Old 11-05-2003, 10:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

K thanks Guys Anyone else ? I've Heard Flo Pro makes a Bullet Chambered Muffler, I would be interested in this for Ground Clearance, Also they sayed they flowed really good =)

Thanks Steve-0
Old 11-05-2003, 10:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JetBlack98Z
K thanks Guys Anyone else ? I've Heard Flo Pro makes a Bullet Chambered Muffler, I would be interested in this for Ground Clearance, Also they sayed they flowed really good =)

Thanks Steve-0
I have 2.5 inch duals bent over the axle. Sounded like **** till I made the crossover sextion making it a x-pipe. Sounds damn good and I am running Dynomax Bullets. I will try to get some clips for you. I have some half gutted cats on there right now which i can bolt of and bolt on straight pipe. Very deep and has a very good hollow sound to it when half throttle. When wide open, you think of nothing else but DAAMN. Like i said I will try to get some sound clips for you.

Scott
Old 11-05-2003, 11:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JetBlack98Z
I know this subject has been beated on alot here lately but i really need ya'lls opinion on this. I going to run True duals on my car over the Axle, my question is What kinda muffler i should run for Clearance and Backpressure reasons ? I don't wanna run any bullet muffler. So what's my option here ? I seen a couple of people run 1chamber flowmaster before the axle. I kinda on a budget, but if i have to save i wanna do it right the first times as this is my LAST exhaust system i'll be puting on the car. Also would a 2 1/2 True Dual be Sufficient. Also what about H and X pipes,What would give me the best Gains ?

My mods include

Pacesetter LT's(No cats)
Air Lid
Pretty much all the free mods
O yea and it's a M6

In about a Month, I'll be installing a 224TR 112lsa Cam To.
Any body have some clips with true duals on it ?

Thanks Steve-0
Hey Steve-O!!! Have you heard about the NEW Super 40 2 chamber Flows that are coming out? They are going to be available Dec. 1st. They are suppose to sound really wicked and flow a heck of alot better than the original 40 series.
Go to http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/cg...ml?id=qJM6bcyH and listen yo a few of the sound clips they have.

Brando