Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ4 problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 11:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LQ4 problem

alrighty i am haing a small issue with my LQ4 install. the motor came from a 2500 chevy that was equipped with an oil cooler. it has this hole in the side of the motor that the hoses for the oil cooler connect to. the oil pan doesnt seem to cover these holes and i do not want to block these off becasue i dont want to starve my motor. anyone here have a remedy for it? like a block off kit or re-route kit? i will try to get pics up later. i havent taken my F Body oil pan off the motor to see if it covers these holes but it doesnt seem likely. any suggestions? thanks
Old 06-01-2009, 09:19 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do not make a block off plate as it will starve motor of oil. just take the peice off your stock oil pan or you are going to have to use stock oil pan anyways.(you are talking about the holes right above the oil filter correct?)
Old 06-01-2009, 01:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah those two., there is a piece from my LS1? i haven't went into checking if my oil pan on my LS1 will have the provisions to cover that hole in the 6.0 block. so you're saying my stock LS1 il pan will cover those holes?