Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help, intake manifold leak?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 06:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help, intake manifold leak?

did head and cam swap on my 01 WS6. i let my friend bolt down my intake manifold and i find out now he bolted it down clockwise around the manifold instead of from the center out. when i rev the car up i hear alot of air noise from the engine but i cant track it down to a location but it seems to be around the manifold (disregarding the air noise coming from the airbox), it idles ok for an untuned car with an aggressive cam, but im concerned the intake manifold is leaking air. is there any way to tell for sure if it's leaking?
Old 06-19-2009, 09:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skidontrk
did head and cam swap on my 01 WS6. i let my friend bolt down my intake manifold and i find out now he bolted it down clockwise around the manifold instead of from the center out. when i rev the car up i hear alot of air noise from the engine but i cant track it down to a location but it seems to be around the manifold (disregarding the air noise coming from the airbox), it idles ok for an untuned car with an aggressive cam, but im concerned the intake manifold is leaking air. is there any way to tell for sure if it's leaking?
Here you go:http://www.ls1howto.com/howto/geniii...//IMAGE017.jpg 44 in/lbs first pass, 89 in/lbs second pass.

Spray brake clean around the intake base, injectors, TB etc...while the car is running....leak is present if the car free revs. Also will high idle if the leak is big enough. Check your vacuum line to the back of the intake and insure it is on properly.