Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone tried the Holly Ls1/ls6 intake?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 07:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone tried the Holly Ls1/ls6 intake?

Just wondering. I dont think $800 for the fast lsx intake is worth it right now.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would get the ls6 intake, the holly i hear gets heat soaked and most dont like it, but i dont have one so im not gonna speak for them
Old 11-12-2003, 08:22 PM
10 Second Club

One of my friends has one and he said the same thing... that the holley gets heat soaked really fast! I would just buy a LS6 intake for half the money... and then later get an LSX when they get cheaper.
Old 11-12-2003, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have a holley intake, as far as heat soak goes, eh whatever it's not as bad as most make it sound. Other people complain about leaks, well if you put it on correctly it won't leak. Put mine on one time and it stayed on, not a seep anywhere. Only thing that I don't like about it is the fact that if you take it off you basically have to buy new intake gaskets, reason being is that i put a small amount of black rtv around the ports to ensure that it didn't leak and to keep the gaskets in place when installing it. Other than that I think it's an awesome intake and looks damn good. You can see pics on my cardomain site in my sig.

-Sly