Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

!AIR question

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 11:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !AIR question

Hey guys, I looked in the stickies and there were a few threads int here regarding !AIR, but the ONE that actually seemed to touch up on vacuum lines had no pictures being hosted anymore. That's where my question lies...

I have in the back of my intake manifold, a piece that comes out which not only has the output for the brake booster, but also an electrical switch, to which a T-fitting is attached. One side went to this switch, the other side I know goes along the engine harness to who knows where (I'll figure it out when I put the harness back on, Im in the process of changing my engine), but the other leg went towards the driver side and I know this went into the diaphragm thing for the AIR system that took the air from the pump and split it to each bank.

Can I leave this leg unattached (the one that went to the AIR diaphragm)? What exactly is the function of this switch? If anything I could just "not plug the harness into it" if it will remain closed and not cause a vacuum leak.

for reference, this is the back of my motor here....

Thanks in advance!

EDIT- this is for a 2002 SS