Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modified Loud Mouth exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 03:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Modified Loud Mouth exhaust

Hello everybody,

This is mostly for the people that have long tube or mid length headers with an SLP loud mouth. I tried something new. I loved the way my car sounded but it was so loud and raspy that when I turned it over in the morning, I could picture my neighbors quivering in bed. Every now and then, the blinds in their windows would seperate and I'd see a pair of eyeballs peaking out at me. Anyway, what I did was, I got two stainless steel glass packs and where the loud mouth separates for the two exhaust tips, I ran one glass pack right where the horizontal extension to the driver's side and another glass pack right where the exhaust comes out on the passenger's side. The inside diameters of the glass packs were the same as the loud mouth, so power loss is at a bare minimal. As for driving it, I haven't noticed a loss at all, but dyno numbers will tell all. It feels the same only a LOT quieter. These glass packs in actuality removed all of the rasp and now it is a nice solid deep tone exhaust that is more bearable to the people around me. Just figured I'd share this with people that have considered quieting their cars down without losing performance.

Anyway, just my thoughts on this whole experience.

Take care.
Old 11-14-2003, 04:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any pics of your setup....
What brand 'stainless' bullets did you use...

go here to see another way of modding the LM....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2442582912

Dave
Old 11-14-2003, 05:07 PM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is nice, sounds much better!
Get that thing going one day so we can run them!!!!
Old 11-14-2003, 05:17 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought about doing that, but it seemed that the bullets would be quite visible mounted in that area. Also, the left side has plenty of room, but on the right side the tail pipe extension is hardly long enough to insert a muffler; it would have to be a very short bullet.
Old 11-17-2003, 11:09 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Using two glass packs are better, only because it keeps the back pressure even on both sides of the exhaust.
just my thaughts.