Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Under drive pulley

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 08:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Under drive pulley

What vendor has the best price and I was also wondering if the U/D pulley is the same for F AND Y bodied cars ?
I also wonder if the serpentine belt is available from an auto parts or is it a special belt from ASP,ATI?
Thanks John,
Old 11-14-2003, 09:14 PM
11 Second Club

Not sure who has best price ( at times they are on back order and hard to get when you want it ) FAST TOYS had some in stoch a few days ago , you may get the belt # from ASPRACEING.COM and buy from any local parts suppleyer, NO pulley for f and y are not same
my .02's Johnny
Old 11-14-2003, 11:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yea, its ASP, they make the underdrive pullies. Check out the sponsers, do a little price comparing, and call it a day. Shouldn't be horribly different prices anywhere, just find them in stock.
Old 11-15-2003, 12:23 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i bought my fbody asp pulley with belts for 200 used from a board member. sponsors charge around 220 or regular price, dont know if that includes belts either. you'll need a new crank bolt also.
Old 11-15-2003, 01:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

i have the ASP too. you need a new crank bolt (spring for the ARP bolt you can reuse it it doesn't stretch) also i dont have the part numbers off hand but the belts ARE available in an auto parts store....if u think you can do better order the pulley and bolt only and check out the numbers for the belts then go buy em separate (what i did). i dunno if every vendor is gonna list the belt numbers but i saved about 4-5 bucks on each belt buying em on my own.

interestingly enough the LS1 belt w/ stock is replaced by a 4.6 2 valve mustang belt with the ASP.... (little useless trivia for you all)
Old 11-15-2003, 01:10 AM
Sweet Cheeks

Originally Posted by jrp
i bought my fbody asp pulley with belts for 200 used from a board member. sponsors charge around 220 or regular price, dont know if that includes belts either. you'll need a new crank bolt also.
Speed Inc has some in stock. You had better move fast though.