Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Y-pipe question

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 11:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Y-pipe question

I found a very good deal on some Hooker ceramic coated LTs never installed still in the box and bought them saturday. I need a y-pipe so i am thinking about purchasing the TSP catted y-pipe. I have done alot of surfing and read all kinds of things from leaks to scrapes to overheating gas and brakelines. Somebody that runs a TSP catted y-pipe chime in and let me know what your experience is or should I go a different route but remember that I already have the Hooker headers.
The install is on a 02 SS 35th anniversary Camaro with CME and hell yes it is red !
Thanks
Old 07-20-2009, 06:41 AM
Launching!

Default Bump

Ttt !!!!!
Old 07-20-2009, 10:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I dont have it on yet but I too bought some hookers and the TSP catted y and it hasnt gotten here yet...still waiting on it. I bought it last tuesday but I didnt buy it from TSP like I should have.

I have never heard or overheating gas or brake lines using these things. Leaks and **** can probably be fixed by taking your time putting the y-pipe together. It needs to be all on the car loose....adjusted, THEN tighten the clamps. Thats how I plan on doing mine anyway.

If you look through this section, the guys from TSP posted pics of the newly re-designed catted y and its a nice lookin piece. They use bullit style cats that are really small and should tuck up real nice.

Ill post pics of my setup in a week or 2 after I put my stuff on.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

you will have no issues with their new design, one of my buddies has it and they tuck pretty close and don't scrap unless you hit a big speed bump at a descent speed