Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help! strange problem after motor swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 02:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help! strange problem after motor swap

alright, whenever I get on it pretty hard, and I pop the clutch into second gear, the check engine light flashes and the car wont idle whenever I come to a stop. as soon as I start it back up, it idles fine, so I'm assuming the ecm is resetting itself. this ONLY happens after hard shifts. I've looked for loose wires/ground straps everywhere and can't figure out the problem. one thing I did notice thought is that the ecm seems to kind of rattle around in its corner. its bolted down, it just moves around, in my opinion, excessively.
any help is appreciated, this problem has me stumped.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

oh yeah, I also ported my throttle body but I didnt hook it up to a voltmeter and check the voltage. my scanner only shows a%. maybe that could be the culprit?
Old 07-23-2009, 05:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

get the computer scanned for codes. Isnt a blinking engine light usually a random misfire?
Old 07-23-2009, 05:39 PM
On The Tree

it doesn't really blink, it flashes once, almost too fast to see, only when I pop the clutch. its not showing any trouble codes at all. I guess maybe I could do a real time diagnostic and try to make it happen. what do you think?