Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another LS6 intake manifold question

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 12:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another LS6 intake manifold question

Im about to do the swap and was wondering since SLP sells this intake as a complete kit with all the necessary hardware to do it properly and still retain your egr and all that other stuff does that mean ill be stuck with a SES light if I simply block off the EGR spots? I y dont want problems and would rather have a very straight forward swap with no headaches.

Does it require any cutting or fitting of the current factory pieces or is it a true bolt on and leave type of mod?
Old 07-28-2009, 01:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your talking about the SLP LS6 with EGR kit yes it's pretty much a straight bolt on.

The only thing you need to do is modify/cut the EGR tube so it will work with the supplied fitting which will mate with the fitting that is in the intake for EGR

Check this link for the SLP intake I just googled
http://members.***.net/blownz28/intake/intake.html

You wont throw any codes with this intake, I'm running one on mine.

If you decide to get regular LS6 intake and get rid of your EGR then you will throw a code, but you can get that tuned out if your in a state that doesnt do smog checks if you want.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 4150
If your talking about the SLP LS6 with EGR kit yes it's pretty much a straight bolt on.

The only thing you need to do is modify/cut the EGR tube so it will work with the supplied fitting which will mate with the fitting that is in the intake for EGR

Check this link for the SLP intake I just googled
http://members.***.net/blownz28/intake/intake.html

You wont throw any codes with this intake, I'm running one on mine.

If you decide to get regular LS6 intake and get rid of your EGR then you will throw a code, but you can get that tuned out if your in a state that doesnt do smog checks if you want.
We do have emissions testing up here. I just dont wanna have a check engine light. I plan on purchasing an LS6 intake for cheap off of someone, but as said before I dont wanna have a SES light and I dont have a tuner to get it out. I guess theres no way to simply install a regular (non slp) LS6 intake manifold and not have a SES light.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:44 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if your worried about that and dont have a tuner, now would be a good time to put the regular ls6 intake on, remove air and egr and mail your pcm and get a mail order tune. not only will they get rid of codes but will also mess with your engine tune a bit too.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok so basically the only way to do without having to mess with a tuner or anything like that is to get the SLP unit? I might have a local guy that has HP tuners that can do something for me.