Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 intake on a stock 5.3, what injectors to use?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 07:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 intake on a stock 5.3, what injectors to use?

I am putting an LS1 intake on a stock 5.3L. Not looking for performance gains out of this setup, I mostly want to ditch the truck intake for the better looking LS1 setup. I already have an LS1 intake and rails but no injectors, just wondering which injectors I should be looking for.

Part numbers and/or #/hour suggestions would be much appreciated! I'm new to the whole LS game, so I have no clue where to start on this issue. Search didn't really find what I need.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:35 PM
TECH Junkie

look in the classifides sections and put in a parts wanted add, and just say you want the stock 28# injectors. The ls1 came with 26 and 28 depending on what years they came from. The 28's give you more breathing room, and a lot of people/ shops have the stockers laying around and will give you a good deal. If i had mine I would give them to you for free and you pay the shipping- to give you an idea of what the stockers are worth.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:02 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the info. I'll probably post a WTB today then.

Bob
Old 08-04-2009, 08:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you need injector adapters to make the injectors work. any ls1 injectors, bosch svo injectors, and the delphis will work. look in the for sale section and pick out what you want, the size needed depends on what you are doing. if you are using truck accessories you will need to do some mods to make it fit.