Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need exhaust suggestions asap!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 10:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need exhaust suggestions asap!!!

I just finished up my camaro a few weeks ago and my buddy finally got the safe tune done until the dyno date. All i have to say is i love a loud car but wow... My car sounds like an 800 hp pro stock car. I love how the car sounds at idel its so mean but like i said the car cannot be street driven like it is.
Now i love the slp sound. i have ory, pacetter lts, and lm1, and a vindicator cam. I have a borla xr1 muffler in my garage but last year i really couldnt get it to just slip in how they say it does, so i just put the resonator back on. I also am not as fond of the borla sound as i am the slp sound. My question is, If i was to buy an lm2 bullet muffler to slip in there instead of my shotgun resonator; would that tone the car down to a loud but tolerable level and still have the slp sound, or will it still be as loud as it is now, where at 2 grand its louder than the car was WOT with full exhaust lol. other suggestions would be ok too thanks. i just need this thing taken down a notch asap so i can enjoy it.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you use any type of bullet muffler or resonator the car will still be loud.If you want to calm that sound down get a real muffler type catback like a magnaflow of mufflex system.