Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guages. Searched for days, please help with adapter/install questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 12:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Guages. Searched for days, please help with adapter/install questions

Alright, I HAVE searched. Probably a few solid hours worth. I keep seeing different numbers for fittings and different ways of doing things. Im installing Spek guages. Oil pressure, fuel pressure, water temp, volt, and Tach. They all use 1/8 NPT senders.

Fuel pressure - Is the fitting I need a -4 AN to 1/8 NPT? Ive seen a few different numbers. This is easy to buy on summit, just want to make sure.

Water temp - Which place is the easiet? Drain hole (above the starter) or on the passenger head? I have seen so many different numbers on the fitting for that. Its a M12 x 1.5 correct? Does anyone have a old, saved part number for that adapter fitting? That would be awesome.

Oil pressure - I would love to hear a easier way of doing this then drilling and taping 1/8 NPT into the filter housing. I have seen a few guys here say there is a plate you can buy to sandwich between and hook up there. I searched Ebay. Anyone point me in the direction for that?

The Tach - Pin number 10, white wire. Easy enough.

All these gauge install threads seem to end before the answers come out Just looking for some guys who have experience and wouldnt mind taking some time to share.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

On the fuel rail you take out the scharder valve and connect an AN # 4 or 6 fitting to it from there you can buy what ever adaptor that you need for your sending unit (isolator). The water temp sending unit can go into the head, on the drivers side. You can remove the stock unit and tee off of the port and connect both senders there. The oil sender can go on the adaptor where the oil filter spins on. On the Vettes this piece is drilled for their temp gauge, but it is metric. Buy a new one drill and tap it for your sending unit. Then remove the old one and bolt yours up. If not thereyou can try teeing off of the stock oil press unit, but its hard to get to with out removing the manifold.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks, I just searched for quite awhile again. I bought a sandwich oil filter adaptor plate, and a coolant hose adaptor.

Im going to order a Male AN -6 to Female 1/8 NPT. AN -6 is for sure the size the goes into the fuel rail correct? Thanks.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:45 PM
10 Second Club

Smile

all said sounds good.turn key eng supply also has piece to adapt oil gague(simmiler to vett but made for oil gague).remember when you use red connecter white wire pin 10 to set the tach up as 4cly 2 pulse.are you from se mich ?.