Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CME Tips Cracked

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 01:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CME Tips Cracked

the weld between my CME tips cracked and I cant find any one to fix or weld them in san antonio. Any suggestions? I was thinking cutting off the center peace that connects the two and have the welder weld a brace behind the tips to hold them togeter.
Old 11-25-2003, 06:50 PM
TECH Veteran

If your under 36k miles they are covered under warranty. A coulple of guys have had this same problem. Page ssheets on this board he had his replaced and had them polished before reinstalling them. Slp covers them for 3 years and 36k just like the factory warranty. I have been fortunate that mine have held up to 2 years and 19k so far.
Old 11-25-2003, 07:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ss rally red
If your under 36k miles they are covered under warranty. A coulple of guys have had this same problem. Page ssheets on this board he had his replaced and had them polished before reinstalling them. Slp covers them for 3 years and 36k just like the factory warranty. I have been fortunate that mine have held up to 2 years and 19k so far.
My wife spun my SS off the road and busted the center brace. I pull the bells off, took them to a welding shop, and had them weld on a flat bar on top of the bells as well as the actual repair to the brace. Cost me $25. Anyone who welds aluminum can do this.

Of course, if you are under warranty......
Old 11-25-2003, 08:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by S2002S
My wife spun my SS off the road and busted the center brace. I pull the bells off, took them to a welding shop, and had them weld on a flat bar on top of the bells as well as the actual repair to the brace. Cost me $25. Anyone who welds aluminum can do this.

Of course, if you are under warranty......

Yeah if they were damaged in an accident warranty wouldn'nt do you any good, and I am glad you found someone to fix yours for a resonable price, but if they just broke with no external force/reason they should be covered
Old 11-25-2003, 10:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ss rally red
Yeah if they were damaged in an accident warranty wouldn'nt do you any good, and I am glad you found someone to fix yours for a resonable price, but if they just broke with no external force/reason they should be covered
Absolutely correct. I know of others who have had successful warranty claims.

Quick Reply: CME Tips Cracked