Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hooker ORP

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 11:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hooker ORP

I have jet hot long tubes, and am planning on getting the hooker ORP. Has anyone ever had trouble with this part banging? If so, what are my options (as far as other y-pipes)?
Old 11-25-2003, 11:33 PM
TECH Junkie

You can get the QTP y pipe, Thunder sells a Mufflex y pipe. And you are in great luck cause there is a guy local to you that fabs Y pipes and true duals so if you want to get a kick *** y for cheap he may be the way to go. PM me and I'll look up his info if interested. Also the hooker y isnt gonna bang. It has dents in all the places that it comes close to the body to prevent this.
Old 11-26-2003, 04:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I had that banging problem w/my ORP b/c Hooker gives you some bullshit clamps. I went and bought 3" band clamps (3-bolt) and that took care of the banging and the exhaust leaks. Haven't had any problems since then.

Jason
Old 11-27-2003, 08:54 PM
TECH Regular

does hooker orp flow as good as mufflex or qtp y-pipes???these 2 y's use a real collector.
Old 11-27-2003, 09:57 PM
TECH Resident

I would not say that my Hooker "Y-pipe" flows good compared to the other 2. I say this b/c Hooker's collector is more like a T-pipe than the flowmaster collector that QTP has. The only downside of my installation was looking at the ugly y-pipe and wondering how much HP I would have gotten by buying QTP's or duals for only a little more money?