Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 Sensors advice?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 02 Sensors advice?

Quick question guys....I'm trying to narrow down why my motor has been running like **** when cold (first start up).

Symptoms - upon first start the engine tends to bog down between 2-2.5k rpm and feels slugish..

Once the engine gets up to operating temp 5-10mins later, seems to get over it and it's almost non apparent, but still slightly there. If I turn the A/C it only makes it worst. So I usually dont use the a/c until it's up to temp.

Just started doing this approx. 1 month ago and it has got progressively worst, again most apparent when the engine is cold.

I do autox her..so I have swapped plugs and also tried one of those stp injector cleaners. Checked the air filter and all the connections. Still cant isolate it.

So..I'm starting to think maybe 02s? Maybe they are on the way out? I did have it scanned and no OBDII codes.

I currently have the bosch 13111 installed and they have been on for just over 2 yrs.

Do you guys think its about time to replace? They aint cheap I just called and they have locally for $62plus tax, so I'm looking at $130 plus....if thats not it, thats money I could have used somewhere else..

Anyways any ideas, advice or help appreciated.

Thanks,
GN
Old 08-31-2009, 01:29 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Without a diagnostic tool and the ability to interpret data, anything you do will be a guess (based on what you have stated here).