Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After ~50miles... My drivers side plugs are already covered in carbon?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 05:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default After ~50miles... My drivers side plugs are already covered in carbon?

I changed my plugs a couple weeks ago and threw TR6s back in, I didnt change the wires. Afterwards, there was a sputter at ~2k+rpms. Per AFBs recommendation, I decided to put TR55s and new 8.5 MSD wires on. Now the car isn't sputtering. But all 4 drivers side plugs were already covered in carbon(literally covered). The passenger side had a little, but not much. I figured if the problem was the car running rich, that all 8 would be covered, not just the drivers side? Any advice is appreciated.

Patrick.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:29 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any SES lights on in the car? Any Exhaust leaks? Did you go with TR6's because you have nitrous on the car? Any pics of the plugs from each bank? Give me a little more info and I'll see if I can help!

Jon
Old 09-21-2009, 05:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon@Texas-Speed
Any SES lights on in the car? Any Exhaust leaks? Did you go with TR6's because you have nitrous on the car? Any pics of the plugs from each bank? Give me a little more info and I'll see if I can help!

Jon
No SES lights are on, but I think alot of the codes are deleted anyways. I haven't noticed any exhaust leaks, the car is loud as hell though, so it would be hard to catch. Yes, I went with TR6s bc its a nitrous car, but after the install. The car was sputtering at ~2k+rpms, so I decided to put TR55s in(since I never spray it) and I put new wires on. I am not sure which plugs came from which bank, I only kept them in sets of 4s . I'll work on pics, I don't have a camera, but will get one from one of my roommates.

I appreciate your time

Patrick.