Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bassani Y_pipe From Hell!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Angry Bassani Y_pipe From Hell!!!!

ok so heres the deal i get this bassani y-pipe and i'm all stoked about putting it in.....well let me tell you this peice of crap! everything that possible could have gone wrong did !!
for example i getr my tools back from a freind i let barrow and half of them are missing so i have to go out and buy all the missint stuff. should have taken that as a sign!!! next i'm unbolting everything and its going good till i get to one of the nuts on the manifold, its being a little pain and not wanting to come off so i spray some wd-40 then PB blast and let it chill for a few min, when i go to take it off it starts coming off and get tough a gain and then SNAP! it broke rigth off !! back to the hardware store i went to get drill bits to drill the stud out! finally get that taken care of and drop a bolt and nut in there that i got at home depo and i start bolting everything back up so it all bolt to the manifold no prob so i though, movin on down i bolt all the rest of teh crap on! YESS i'm done so i thought! ....i start it up and **** is ratteling everywhere WTF i go under adn tighten everything again stoped some of it, so i take it fro a drve around the block and where i break the bolt is now leaking, when i turn it makes this horrible CLUNKING sound. so i take it back home PISSED as ALL HELL clean up and say F*** the peice of SH**.

so tomarrow i'm taking to a freinds shop and tighten the crap out of the nut and bolt i droped in to see if i can stop the leak, then i'm goign to do everything i can to try and stop the tapping, ratteling and to find out what the hell the CLunking is ! WTF is all i got to say BASSANI Y-PIPE from hell.

sorry guys had to vent and family really doesnt care about any car problems, not to mention maybe you guys got some ideas about the various sounds, turning up the radio will only last so long!!!