Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Various questions regarding my LSX block, need help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 10:42 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Various questions regarding my LSX block, need help.

First off, I'm assuming the two little outlets on the throttle body here are for the coolant flow through the TB to keep it from freezing in the winter? If that's the car, then I should be able to cap those off since I'm not going to use this feature? I was thinking about litterally cutting off the outlets closer to the body of the TB to clean it up a bit, but wanted to make sure what all needs to be done in order to delete the coolant flow feature.

Secondly, I am having a bit of a problem getting the power steering pump on the block. The reason for this is the new line I bought for the pump doesn't seem to fit right. I specifically purchased an Fbody line from rockauto.com but when the line comes out of the pump, it heads towards the rear of the block and down, but the problem is that the driver side head is right there. Am I doing something wrong, or do I need to swivel the line around so it is pointing a different direction?

Here you can see how bad it really is. The serpentine pulley on the pump isn't anywhere near where it should be, and the line is already hitting the head:

Thirdly, what is this hole for? It's right next to the camshaft position sensor on the rear of the block. My first guess was probably a hole to mount a ground wire? I think I remember there being a ground wire back there somewhere, but wasn't sure if that's what this is, or if there's something else that goes here:

At at last, for now, is my injectors. I don't know how far the injectors are supposed to sit in the intake manifold, but mine seem to not sit very deep. I'm not sure if it's because of the style of injectors or what, but you can see inside the holes on the manifold that there is a "knotch" where it looks like the tip of the injectors would have something similar to make them lock into place? I'm not sure what else it would be for, but anyways my injectors don't have anything like that on the tips. They're completely round all the way around the radius. I pushed the injectors as far deep into the holes as I could, and I know someone is going to get perverted with this, but regardless, I still need help haha. I bolted down the fuel rails and pushed the injectors as far into the rails and the manifold as I could, and it looks like the o-rings are sitting pretty good. I just want to be sure so I don't make a caveman fire the first time I go to start the motor.

Old 10-03-2009, 01:09 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The easiest thing to do with the injectors is take a little petroleum jelly and lube the o-rings on each injector and they should just pop right into place. You should hear an audible pop or click and that will let you know that the injectors are seated.