Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cat gone bad?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2003, 02:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cat gone bad?

Went to the track tonight and towards the end of my run something didn't feel right so I decided to coast and started hearing a loud tap. I limp on over to the parking area and open her up and on the coil packs on the left side are all sparking sporadically. The car smells like it's running VERY rich. Also, for the past couple weeks it feels like it's been slower and when I turn the engine off I hear a rattle coming from the passenger side floorboard. Could it have been that the honeycomb got broken up inside the cat and was causing too much backpressure that then caused the plugs to foul up? And another thing is that the odometer was freaking out (alternating between km and mi). Any possible suggestions on this would be great!

TIA
Old 12-06-2003, 12:55 PM
wrencher

Fix the wires & plugs first,then see if your other problems remain.
Old 12-06-2003, 02:41 PM
On The Tree

Yeah I decided to check the plugs and they look pretty bad. Also one thing I noticed is that the boot on plug #8 was just dangling That's probably why I was watching the cool light show. Now as for the rattle I still don't know