Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnaflow cat-back

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2003, 12:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Magnaflow cat-back

After alot of research and reading alot of threads on this and other sites, I've decided to get the Magnaflow cat-back instead of the Loudmouth. I plan on getting Jet Hot L/T's and running no cats in the near future, and most people say that the Loudmouth is too raspy and annoying after installing L/T's whereas they say the Magnaflow sounds deep and throaty like a true muscle car should sound. Now I need to know where I can find the Magnaflow for the best price? I checked a few of the sponsors already and none of the ones I checked sells the Magnaflow. Does anyone know which of the sponsors does sell the Magnaflow? Thanks.
Old 12-07-2003, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would recommend the Hooker catback, its a little more flow than the Magnaflow and sounds great. Good Luck

Wes
Old 12-07-2003, 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

Default MagnaFlow

I have a Heads/Cam package along with JetHots and ORY.

If you decide to install a Magnaflow without cats I think you will get rasp.

I uninstalled a Borla because of rasp and installed Magnaflow, but I still get rasp with the Magnaflow. However, the rasp isn't as bad as it was with the Borla. The only way I could get rid of the rasp with the Borla was to install a cc insert with three disks.

I did not reinstall the cc insert with the Magnaflow but plan to when I get a new coated cc insert with 12 inch pipe.

I will probably install a cc insert pipe but just behind a Cutout with my electric Quicktime. That way I will have the best of both worlds. Open the QuickTime time when I need it at the strip, but get rid of the rasp with the CC Insert running on the street.

If the cc insert gets rid of the rasp with the Magnaflow, I think I will like the sound of the Magnaflow much better than the Borla even though it is louder with no plate installed in the Borla.

Also, the quality and fit of the Magnaflow is far superior to that of the Borla even though the Borla might be a higher grade of stainless compared to the Magnaflow which I recall is 304.

I constantly had splippage with the band clamps on the Borla (one reason why I uninstalled it).

It took less than an hour and half to uninstall the Borla and reinstall the Magnaflow (sweet polished muffler too and better hangers compared to the Borla hangers crap.)

Last edited by dlandsvZ28; 12-08-2003 at 08:23 AM.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:36 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

pm'd you.

you can also hear my magnaflow setup with cats in sig. and hears a setup an ORY:

http://www.upwithpunk.com/videos/ltsandmagnaflow.wmv