Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which two wires to check TPS voltage?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 04:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which two wires to check TPS voltage?

I used the black and white and got a constant reading of 5 volts at idle and full throttle. Is this correct? I know I'm supposed to get a 0.5 volt reading at idle and 4.7-4.9v reading at full throttle. Trying to find out why my car hesitates to/or doesn't downshift. Thanks.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

checked between the blue and white, it was also 5v no matter where the throttle was, am I doing something wrong?
Old 10-25-2009, 11:41 PM
Teching In

You're just getting signal voltage. I believe it's actually blue and black that you want. You should be looking for .670 volts at 0% throttle.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:52 PM
11 Second Club

With the key in the ignition, turned on, but not started (engine NOT running) locate the blue wire. If the probe on your voltmeter is thin enough,
you can just jab it into the back of the plug, at the blue wire, and then ground your voltmeter on the chassis somewhere. Otherwise, you can use
a small sized wire (stripped on each end) and jab it into the back of the plug, at the BLUE wire, and then just use your alligator clip from your voltmeter to get a reading. At the idle position, your reading will be about .85 volts.

gring the stop down to 4.68volts.... dont go over 4.7 volts at full throttle

Quick Reply: Which two wires to check TPS voltage?