Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what do yall think?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 12:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what do yall think?

hey yall, i was wondering what everyone thinks about slp's powerflo catback??
-pros
-cons
stuff like that
Old 11-20-2009, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've heard good things about this catback. It's doesn't have any rasp or drone from what I remember hearing and is better sounding than the LM1 or LM2 system. Now if you like rasp and drone then go for the LM1 and LM2 system. I liked the LM1 once I got it with straight pipes after the stock manifolds but it really started getting very old all the popping and rasp. I'm not even going to go there.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

i saw it the other day and i was wondering the samething???
Old 11-21-2009, 11:31 PM
Staging Lane

well i ordered it just waiting to get it on... hope it sounds good with my setup.
ill try to get some videos uploaded..
and yes lm1 sucks i had it and it is ridicouls lol i dont wanna go there either
Old 11-30-2009, 10:15 AM
11 Second Club

Post up some pic and a video for sure. Sounds pretty awesome on slps website.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:28 AM
Teching In

I think you will be happy with it. I am very happy with it, besides the high price, and got at the start of summer this year. What I like most is the exhaust is technically a LM2 with bullet mufflers on the end. With this, if I want it louder, which at times I enjoy that lol, all I have to do is loosen two band clamps, pull the mufflers off and either put turn downs or some straight pipes on it. I chose the straight pipes because they go to the back of the bumper and I do not like getting head aches during traffic from turn downs. I bought 2 from Autozone for about $5.00 a piece.

Currently my engine setup is a LS6 long block with the stock exhaust manifolds and cats (yes, I know guys I should have bought headers when I did the swap lol, but lack of funds prevented that) and K&N FIPK Gen II CAI. When I was looking at exhausts, I was debating between Magnaflow, SLP LM2, GMMG, Bassani True Duals and the SLP PowerFlo. What I liked about the SLP LM2 is it is the most straight through design (meaning not many huge angle degree bends and no traditional style muffler like our stock exhaust).

Sometimes it can be too loud, especially with headers (my friend has this set up on his 2002 35th SS), so I bought the PowerFlo because when I do the headers this winter, I can put my PowerFlo mufflers on for a more tuned sound and not so raspy. And some what Police friendly I guess you could say lol especially in my neighborhood. The Niles PD of Illinois are not to friendly at times to us race car folk lol!

One obvious thing I have noticed is with the PowerFlo mufflers off, throttle response is better because of the more free flow. So if it is too loud for your neighborhood like mine, keep the mufflers on and when you go to the track, take them off for that extra bit of more free flow. I am excited to hear what my car sounds like when I get the headers.

Hope that was helpful for you to feel good about your decision and I would absolutely love to hear your car when it all is installed. Lastly check out Detoxx on here and youtube. He has a cam, LT's and PowerFlo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBel5TeDdDs

Good luck and drive safe!
Old 11-30-2009, 01:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Have also heard good things...definately quieter then the LM1/LM2..Think slp put this system out to late for the Ls1 crowd. Slp makes a good catback.