Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

calling all exhaust gurus

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default calling all exhaust gurus

alright so here's the deal. I was able to pick up a B&B triflo muffler for next to nothing on ebay the other week. I Love the sound and love the look but when I got the muffler I noticed something very interesting. When you look through the muffler its a straight through design almost like a center center design. [I]alright here's the interesting part[I] The passenger side outlet does have a 2 1/2 outlet but if you look inside its got their own "cone of silence" that restricts it to a 1" opening. When I called B&B they said that their older design used this to cut down on drone and so you would have something flowing out the right side so it wouldn't look weird. 1st I don't see how this will cut down on drone and 2nd should I port it out if the passenger's side was almost an after thought and 90 percent of the flow is going out the driver's side. and if I do do you think it will have any negative effects. sorry for the essay but I'm looking for feedback
Old 12-07-2009, 10:17 PM
Launching!

anyone.....bueller?
Old 12-07-2009, 10:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

just put it on and see how it sounds first. You may like it. Make the passenger tailpipe a slip on so you can pull it off and knock the ring out later if you feel like it.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:09 PM
Launching!

I can't...its getting matched to my cme