Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Qtp Headers/y Or Kook Headers/y

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 06:01 PM
WARNING: BAD TRADER STATUS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Qtp Headers/y Or Kook Headers/y

I have a 2000 ws6 with the 6 speed. I want to know which header and Y pipe set up you guys think is better? Kooks or qtp. I am going with the stainless steel because I live right on the California Coast. I have a volant intake, Mac cat back, 3.23 gears, and a predator. Also does anyone know how much hp and tq I can expect from both companies? Is one easier than the other on istallation? Any advice would be helpful, thanx.
Old 12-16-2003, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

I decided to go with QTP because the price was right at the time and i think there y-pipe is a little better then the Kooks. QTP uses a 4in. flowmaster collecter where as the kooks y is just welded together where the two pipes merge. Both headers are based off of the old grots design so either way you go you will be getting one of what many are considering the two best headers on the market.
Old 12-16-2003, 06:11 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

OT: but your the first person i've seen with the mac catback

regarding your choices; you cant go wrong with either, just get which ever one is cheapest.
Old 12-16-2003, 06:38 PM
WARNING: BAD TRADER STATUS

Originally Posted by jrp
OT: but your the first person i've seen with the mac catback

regarding your choices; you cant go wrong with either, just get which ever one is cheapest.

I just purchased the kooks headers in stainless and the Y pipe. I got them for $1075 for the headers y pipe o2 extensions o2 sims and shipping. Do you think I got a good deal?
Old 12-21-2003, 11:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TWISTA TA
I just purchased the kooks headers in stainless and the Y pipe. I got them for $1075 for the headers y pipe o2 extensions o2 sims and shipping. Do you think I got a good deal?
Hell yes that's a damn good price. If I may ask where did you get them for that? I'm in the market for that same set-up. Have you installed them yet?
PM me or e-mail me at ls1matt@aol.com
Thanks,
Matt
Old 12-22-2003, 09:07 AM
PR Director

You can't go wrong with either company. There was a special on Kooks headers in the sponsor section for a good price. Try checking there to see if they still have it going on.
Old 12-22-2003, 01:05 PM
Banned

I hope you got them for a good deal, cause that sounds like our deal, hehehe You'll have a tracking # today by the way, headers are out the door today. We had your headers done, but we needed to make up a modified y-pipe for you w/o the bungs. Twista TA ordered his set of Kooks I believe it was Tuesday of last week and they are already shipping.

The Y-Pipe setup for the Kooks great, Kooks ovals out the driver's side of the pipe and uses the stock mount bracket. Thus, you have great ground clearance and they never bang the floorboard. Also, the Kooks y-pipes are not on backorder and are available as soon as you purchase your set of headers. You are buying not only a header, but a quality and track proven name -- Kooks. They have been in the business for 40+ years and know what they are doing to make HP. We see 355-360rwhp w/ Kooks on a bolt-on car tuned.

The best recommendation I can offer is that we own 3 sets of them. One custom turbo setup for a 3.8l buick stage 2 motor and 2 more ls1 race stepped header sets. We only sell Kooks exclusively and there is a reason for that

We have an awesome deal on them and we have already met our GP requirements with Kooks, so we can extend the best pricing on them until 12/31. We can get a set of Kooks made and out the door the first/second week of January, as they are on a first come - first serve basis right now get your order in quick.

Give me a shout 516-779-2330, we have the best deal out of everyone and we can GUARANTEE you will receive your set because we have met the GP minimum orders which no other vendor has yet.