Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Billet 90mm Throttle body IAC valve problem...please help

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 05:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Billet 90mm Throttle body IAC valve problem...please help

I purchased a billet 90mm tb from Morris motorsports about 4 months ago. I also bought a brand new IAC valve from the local Oreilly's.(2002 camaro) I bolted the booger up to the intake and went to install the IAC vavle. It will not seat flush and if I were to have it machined to fit flush, the hole inside looks alot bigger than the plunger on my new IAC valve. The throttle body had the company's initials engraved on top of it. I had the letters machined off because I did not like the look. So now I don't now who made the T.B. Because I have no receipt and no intials and Derrick at Morris has not returned my calls in 2 months. Some say he had a heart attack or lost a loved one..i dunno. What I'm getting at here is , I have a tb that is either machined wrong and won't accept my iac valve or vise versa. I believe the iac valve is correct. Has anyone had this issue? Below is a pick of what my tb looks like excatly. I can have my tb machined ,but im afraid the plunger is too small...mabye i need a different iac off of a vette or something? thanks

Quick Reply: Billet 90mm Throttle body IAC valve problem...please help