Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else have a bitch of a time installing QTP...

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 07:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone else have a bitch of a time installing QTP...

3" E-cutout for Borla adjustable exhaust? For at least a year it has had no plate in the exhaust, just wide open exhaust. For 4 months of that, its been loud as **** with the cam.

I attempted to put the 1/2" thick QTP cutout in there and it damn near killed me. I left the tip hanger in place and wedged it in between the flanges and bolted it back up. It wouldn't open but a little bit, just enough to know it was not sealed. It was catching on the tip side of the cutout.

So I take the entire tip off, hanger section and all. Bolt it back up with the tip free and hanging, with the cutout wide open. Left the tip hanging, fired up the engine, and hit the switch. Perfect! It functions, closes well, and opens without interference. Then I go to bolt the hanger part back up.

****, it wont fit, it is pushed too far out towards the back. The plate that goes in between the rubber hanger bushings, is just outside the furthest bushing. That bushing is resting against the back frame and I try to lift it back in between and get the bolt through. Aint happening...

I ended up getting only one of the rubber things and the metal tip connection going together. It is rigged into place, for now...

I am going to have to go to an exhaust shop and get them to make it fit better.

Am I alone?