Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

00 air removal quick advice....

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 00 air removal quick advice....

im takin my air off my car and on the back of the motor there is a round thing with a small hose on top of it...does this come off and if so how...its on a type of bracket...does the bracket come off...

and yes i know there is stickys but im in the process and need a quick answer...thanks in advance guys
Old 03-20-2010, 11:35 AM
Staging Lane

Can I ask what you ended up doing? I am doing a header install and just pulled that piece off and see a tiny hose back there. From what I have seen around here, you just plug it up. I was planning on electrical tape, but curious if there is a better method.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by oo7steven
Can I ask what you ended up doing? I am doing a header install and just pulled that piece off and see a tiny hose back there. From what I have seen around here, you just plug it up. I was planning on electrical tape, but curious if there is a better method.
You pull it off the back of the intake and put a cap where the hose connects. The other little hose back there is for the HVAC. Napa sells those little caps.

Steve, you just pull that whole round thing out with the hose and cap where it connects. You use a cap instead of a plug because it's a vacuum connection.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:12 PM
Staging Lane

Thank you very much. I am finishing up tomorrow morning. Making an auto store run now to pick up the cap, restock on pen lube, and figured I would do an oil change too, it's a little early, but oh well. I have the drivers side Header up and in there. The passenger's is off, just need to slide up the new one.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

i just put that small hose on one of those pointy *** coil bolts...looks like thats what it was made for...
Old 03-22-2010, 11:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SVThis
i just put that small hose on one of those pointy *** coil bolts...looks like thats what it was made for...
lol, this is a good idea
Old 03-22-2010, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01'SSLSX
lol, this is a good idea
haha yea its worked so far...