Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unburnt fuel after frequent idle?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 11:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unburnt fuel after frequent idle?

Wow. I haven't been on here in about six years!

I was looking to see if this is a normal known problem with an easy fix before I take my car to the shop.

For the last week, my car seems to be getting to much fuel after too frequent of idling (traffic). If I run strictly freeway or with only a few stops in my trip it seems to run fine, but if i'm running too slow or with frequent stops it start smelling very strong of fuel and will stumble for quite awhile until i can run it at a decent speed down the freeway or put it up for awhile.

It doesn't necessarily throw an SES light when this happens (but they come and go daily or weekly for years, evidently not all the O2 related codes were removed during the tunes).

Any quick known fixes or should I just take it in and let them trace through probably countless sensors or anything it could be?

A little on the car before anyone asks. Its an '01 formula, daily driver for ~9yrs., heads and cam built LS6, tuned, etc. etc.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You seem to have the same problem as my car. At idle you can smell and see fuel. and my car looks to be burning oil. Sad thing is my car is not a DD has a mild 228/232 cam and has 49K miles on it

I think it is bad valve seals.. Oil might be leaking by. I made a thread in the internal section; no hits yet