Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yes, a headers question....

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 01:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Yes, a headers question....

Okay boyz and girlz,
Question I've been searching different forums over the last week or so but, a few questions... Especially since tax return money is here I have a 98 WS-6 with a M6 I would like to get LT headers but, money is not a big concern but, I'm not going for $1000+ headers (LPP or Pacesetter).

From what I get is the 98 A.I.R. system is different than other years but, I would like to remove the A.I.R. and keep the EGR. Is that possible with LT headers? (I've read the sticky or forum info on the A.I.R. removal)

The other concern goes with the above is the SES light going to go off if I install them without an A.I.R. system, my thinking is no.

Finally, I have a SLP LMII is the drone going to be insane if I install a ORY vs. a catted... the reason I ask this is because I don't see a whole lot of info on LMII's and if there's a big difference?

Thanks in advance for your help, much appreciated.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cant have no air but keep EGR, unless you buy the headers with AIR but cut the tube off and weld up the hole.

No SES light with removing the air system.

Not sure about the drone with the LMII, but if its anything like the LM1, than yes its going to be loud as holy hell.